20150117

1600 Pandas MY

This is a super overdue post.
 
I went to the event on 21st December 2014…….(omg it was last year! Haha)

 And followed by Xmas, Taiwan Trip and my birthday… so……..(guilty)


The panda tour is now at its final destination which is Publika. 
I saw many people went to the event yesterday on Facebook. 
I was shocked and felt super guilty because 
I almost forgot about this post!

As you might have seen in social networks, there are 1600 pandas. They are actually sculptures made of recycled paper by a French sculptor, Paulo Grangeon.

1600 may sound like quite an amount but IN FACT, they represent the alarming number of pandas left in the wild. 

 
Therefore, WorldWildlife Fund (WWF) aims to raise awareness on the state of our natural environment and the importance of panda conservation efforts and sustainable development, through this collaboration with Paulo.

Yea, as I said it is now at its final destination til 25th Jan 2015. 1 more week to go!

If you have bit of spare time in hand, please have a look at Publika to show some support and also at least can take pics with the cute pandas? (ya it’s fake and I know it haha) 

Okie, let’s rewind to 21st Dec.I was hesitating whether to attend the event as it was held in the morning till noon at Dataran Merdeka.

I was afraid of sweating. 

However, it was for charity…thus I tagged Fran along.

 It involved numerous panda crews. 

I reckoned it was more than 2000 crews on that day. 

A really big applause for them! It was because they were all volunteers.

 T

he event kicked start as soon as the VVIP and VIP arrived. 

After the speech given, 1600 crews hopped out happily with a panda on hands.
1600 crews!

They placed the pandas on ground and the tour had officially begun.


 
It is one of the most remarkable events in KL as the pandas have been to France, Italy, Switzerland and Taiwan, and currently in town! 

1 more week to go!Let’s show some support!


And I bumped into some artists that day. Hehe   


Why didnt I make up xOx





No comments: